Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream Squares
Posted on July 23 2020
A combination of banana, peanut butter, milk, chocolate and coconut oil is what makes up these delicious bite-size treats. They’re the perfect size for a snack when your sweet-tooth craving hits, and they don’t contain added sugar!
We’ve used sugar and salt free peanut butter, Chocolate and Love Rich dark chocolate and virgin organic coconut oil for this recipe. You can use a plant-based milk if you’d like to.
Tip: Once your chocolate has melted work fast to dip the squares and get them back into the freezer for an hour or so. If you try this recipe, take pics and tag us we’d love to share in the happiness of making treats with chocolate!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Iced-Cream Squares.
This recipe requires prep and freezing ingredients over night before final dessert can be made.
4 large bananas
Heaped tbsp Peanut butter
½ cup milk (or plant based milk)
3 slabs (80g) Chocolate and Love Rich Dark - make sure to save a few pieces to grate on top at the end
½ to 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
1. Peel the bananas and cut into eighths. Add the banana rounds to a resealable bag and freeze until solid.
2. Line a medium-square baking dish with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over the sides slightly.
3.Add the frozen bananas, peanut butter and milk to a blender or food processor and blend until just smooth.
4. Pour the banana-peanut butter mixture into the baking dish and smooth out with a spatula. Freeze for overnight, or until set.
5. Break the Chocolate and Love Rich Dark into smaller chunks and add to a glass bowl that fits over a pot. This is so you can met the chocolate in a bameri style. Add the coconut oil and stir continuously while the chocolate and coconut oil melts. For about 15-seconds.
6. When the banana and peanut butter ice cream has set, remove the tray from the freezer and use the baking paper to lift the nice cream slab out of the dish. Cut into 2cm x 2cm cubes.
7. Work quickly to dip the ice cream squares into the melted chocolate, using a fork to lift them out and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Grate a few pieces of chocolate and sprinkle over the chocolate bites to garnish.
Repeat with all the ice cream squares.
*Chef’s Tip: Add the garnish when the chocolate is still slightly melted.
Place in the freezer and allow to freeze until set.
Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving and ENJOY!